Content of the material
- Backup Your Phone
- Stop Losing Photos When You Restore Your iPhone
- Does Updating iPhone Wipe Everything?
- Will I Lose Everything If I Update My iPhone?
- Case 1. Restore iPhone Recovery Mode with iTunes: All Data Will be Erased from Your iPhone
- Part 2.Restore iPhone by Settings
- Part 2. How to Erase iPhone to Factory Settings?
- Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Backup Your Phone
Before updating your iPhone, take advantage of both of the standard backup options provided to you by Apple. The first is a backup sync to your computer through iTunes. This process could take several minutes, depending on the last time you backed up. Also, click the encryption option to save your keychain information. The second option is to utilize iCloud, which is provided free of charge with the purchase of your phone. This backup, which must be done over Wi-Fi, will load your information to your online storage location for further safekeeping. With both of these backups, you can update your phone in peace.
Stop Losing Photos When You Restore Your iPhone
Restoring your iPhone can sometimes be a daunting task, especially if you’re doing it the prescribed way, where you completely overwrite your current data with the one from the backup.
In short, will restoring iPhone delete photos? There’s a big chance that it will, but by tweaking your iTunes and using third-party apps like PhoneRescue and iMyFone D-Back, you can safely restore your files and fix your OS problems without losing any data, including your photos!
Did you like this article? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Does Updating iPhone Wipe Everything? No, not every time because whatever data you delete from the phone is still present on the device. They are only invisible and is always recommended to take a backup before you upgrade your iPhone/iPad.
Will I Lose Everything If I Update My iPhone? Remember that whenever you update your iPhone/iPad, then it does not change anything on phone in terms of settings or apps. But always ensure you have all your data backup to iCloud or iTunes or both before you update your phone. It’s very important because you don’t know when you can come across a data loss situation, so backup is very important.
Case 1. Restore iPhone Recovery Mode with iTunes: All Data Will be Erased from Your iPhone
Does recovery mode delete everything on iPhone? If you try to restore iPhone in recovery mode with iTunes, then all of the data stored on your phone will be deleted. You will then be able to set up your iPhone as a new device or restore it from a backup. But all your data will be gone during the restoration process.
If you would still like to proceed with restoring your iPhone in recovery mode using iTunes, the following steps will help you do that.
Reboot your iPhone into the recovery mode. The steps for doing this vary with the iPhone model that you have. Make sure your iPhone is connected to your computer.
iPhone 8 or later: press the Volume Up key and let it go, press the Volume Down key and let it go, press and hold down the Side button.
iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: press the Volume Down and Top (Side) keys at the same time.
iPhone 6S or earlier: press and hold down the Home and Side (Top) keys at the same time.
You will get a prompt in iTunes on your computer. Click on Restore to restore your iPhone and delete all the data on it.
Your iPhone should now be restored in recovery mode. Now that you know the answer to does iPhone recovery mode delete everything which yes. No matter what, iTunes will wipe off your data if you use it to restore your iPhone.
Part 2.Restore iPhone by Settings
If your device is working complete fine, it is easy to do the factory settings within the iPhone’s Settings App.
The specific instructions are as below to erase data on your cellphone without using iTunes:
- Tap Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password.
- Then confirm that you want to erase your device.
- Wait for your device to erase, depending on your device, it can take a few minutes to completely erase your data.
- Password Must Be Correct: If the password and Apple ID is not correct, it will take a lot of extra steps to get it back. So, be cautious about that.
- Data Could be Recoverable: Some data can still be recovered by professional fixing software.
Part 2. How to Erase iPhone to Factory Settings?
Here are the steps to erase iPhone to factory settings. The process can be completed on iPhone directly. However, if you want to erase iPhone to sell, it’s recommended to wipe iPhone more deeply with a professional tool to make data recovery impossible.
1. Go to Settings app > Tap General > Tap Reset > Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
2. If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID passcode. (It will need the Apple ID and passcode to turn off “Find My iPhone” or “Activate Lock”.)
3. Depending on your device, it may take a few minutes to complete the process.
- [11 Solutions] How To Fix TikTok Notifications Not Working On Android
- 14 Ways To Fix Instagram Story Not Posting On Android
- [9 Ways] How To Fix Fingerprint Not Working On Android
- 17 Top Ways To Fix Instagram Keeps Crashing On Android
- [Fixed] 11 Proven Ways To Fix “There Was A Problem Parsing The Package” Error On Android
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
TechUntold.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.