Content of the material
- Community QA
- Third-Party Accessories to Stop Earbuds From Falling Out
- Comply Isolation Plus
- Ougual earbud covers
- Far End Gear BudLoks earphone sport grips
- LICHIFIT Anti-Lost Strap
- How do you store wired earbuds?
- How do you cover up earbuds?
- Other Ways To Wrap Headphones
- 1. Doing Crazy 8 Knots
- 2. Doing a Double Wrap
- 3. Making a DIY Headphone Holder
- Why Wrapping Headphones deserves It
- ✔ Saves Time
- ✔ Enhanced Durability
- ✔ Stopping Any Frustration
- The Importance of a Good Earbuds Fit
- Ensures greater comfort
- Affects sound quality
- Better noise isolation
- How we test the best workout earbuds
- What is the best way to wrap earbuds?
- How do you wrap your earbuds without damaging them?
Third-Party Accessories to Stop Earbuds From Falling Out
If all else fails, you may need to invest in some third-party accessories to keep your earbuds in place. Here are the top third-party accessories you may try:
Comply Isolation Plus
These Comply Isolation Plus replacement eartips are made for IEMs. They are specifically designed to block out and cancel external noise in order to provide superior audio experience.
Its Super-Soft Memory Foam material helps prevent earphone fatigue by adapting to the ear’s natural shape. Moreover, this memory foam is actually 30x softer than the average silicone ear tips.
This is perfect for those who are looking for comfortable replacement ear tips that have a snug fit but doesn’t fit too loose nor too tight.
Ougual earbud covers
These Ougual foam earbud replacement sponge covers are perfect for earbuds with 13-18 mm. diameter tips. The thick sponges are comfortable to touch and adds a layer of stability to earbuds that helps keep them from falling out.
Far End Gear BudLoks earphone sport gripsFun fact: This BudLoks earphone sport grips was developed by an avid runner and cyclist.
These earphone grips have soft, silicone wings that can enable users to carefully lock their earbuds in the crevices of their ears, keeping them in place while doing rigorous exercises or activities.
LICHIFIT Anti-Lost Strap
This anti-lost strap uses high-quality silicone material that is non-toxic, eco-friendly, and sweat-proof. This accessory is perfect for adventurous and active people as it lets you enjoy rigorous activities without having to worry about your earbuds/IEMs accidentally falling off the ground.
However, this accessory won’t stop your earbuds from popping out of your ears. Instead, this functions more as an added protection to prevent you from losing wireless earbuds if ever they fall out of your ears. Nonetheless, the additional security and protection it offers is a good upgrade for wireless earbuds.
How do you store wired earbuds?
Cut a small strip of the self adhesive fabric tape (or velcro) and wrap it around the neck of the earphone jack. To keep it in place, fix it with a tape and make sure to leave out sufficient length of the fabric tape. Now, whichever way you wrap the cable, you can hold it in place using the fabric tape.
How do you cover up earbuds?
Wear a shirt or sweatshirt with enough space to hide the cord of your earbuds. Place your phone or MP3 player in a large pocket of your pants or sweatshirt, then run your earbud cord from that pocket up the inside of the shirt or sweatshirt so that the earpieces come out by your neck.
Other Ways To Wrap Headphones
1. Doing Crazy 8 Knots
- You should check your headphones for any knots or tangles. First, ensure that your headphones don’t have any knots or tangles.
- Make a fist. Make a fist before you fold the headphones.
- Wrap the headphones around your index finger and your pinkies. You can tie the knot by wrapping the headphones around your index finger and pinkies until you have left a little bit of wire.
- Then tie the knot. Take it out of your hand, wrap it around the headphones’ middle and tie a simple knot.
- You are done. It is now ready to be stored in your pocket, or anywhere else you choose.
2. Doing a Double Wrap
- Be sure to check for tangles. Before you begin folding, untangle them.
- Fold your headphones in half, then fold them in half again. Continue folding your earbuds until they are the same size as a small ruler.
- Then tie the knot. Make a knot by carefully looping the end of the headphone over the end.
- Done! Now you can store it.
3. Making a DIY Headphone Holder
- Get your supplies. You will need some glue and a small piece of Velcro to make a DIY holder.
- Attach the Velcro at the tail of your headphones. The Velcro should be placed in the area just above the plug.
- Wait for 5 minutes. Allow the glue to dry for between 5-10 minutes before the Velcro attaches to the headphone.
- Your headphones should be wrapped. You can fold your headphones however you like and wrap them with the Velcro strap.
- Done! Now you can store it.
Why Wrapping Headphones deserves It
✔ Saves Time
If you wrap your headphones, you will certainly conserve time in the long run. Not only will the procedure come to be quicker as well as quicker to do, yet not needing to disentangle the wire each time you take your earbuds out of your bag or pocket will certainly enable you to pay attention to your music far more efficiently.
✔ Enhanced Durability
Covering your earbuds can additionally expand their life of them, boosting their toughness lots. If you leave them unwrapped your earbuds might tangle in your carry or end up being damaged from any other products that you are saving in there. Drawing them out of your bag or pocket can additionally leave some areas being entrapped and also yanking the cable in an unnatural way.
✔ Stopping Any Frustration
When you involve your headphones and also take them out of your knapsack to locate that they remain in tangles, loops as well as knots, it can be irritating. Much more, when it pertains to attempting as well as untangle them, it can wind up leaving you feeling worried as well as irritated if there are some tight knots in the cable that you can’t fairly get your fingers under to untie.
When your earphone wraps around a device, you will get rid of any of this unwanted stress leaving you calm as well as comfortable for paying attention to your favorite music.
The Importance of a Good Earbuds Fit
The quest for finding earbuds that fit you perfectly can admittedly be hard. However, the additional benefits of good-fitting earbuds far outweigh the amount of effort you may put into looking for them.
Aside from keeping the earbuds from falling off, here are a few more reasons why securing a good earbuds fit is important:
Ensures greater comfort
The ears are one of the most sensitive parts of the body. When too much pressure is applied to the ear’s pinna (the cartilaginous outer portion of the ear that is visible to human sight), needless sore, irritation, and discomfort may result.
Even small nuisances can become unbearable over time. If the earbuds are a little too heavy or a little too large for your ears, these may not just cause simple annoyance but even worse ear aches.
Affects sound quality
Audiophiles stand with the principle that good-fitting earbuds offer better sound quality and overall greater immersive audio experience than ill-fitting ones.
Earbuds that fits snugly on your ears usually boosts the bass, making it sound deeper and punchier. Furthermore, it prevents hollow sound effects from intruding your listening experience.
Better noise isolation
A good fit is also equal to a good seal. This improves the noise isolation function of headphones, enabling them to block more ambient sound from ruining your listening experience.
Additionally, if you’re wearing active noise cancelling earbuds, a good seal ultimately boosts its noise cancellation properties, and, in turn, helps you have better focus and concentration.Earbuds with Active Noise Cancellation is great for blocking low-frequency sounds while a pair that has a good seal helps block out higher frequencies. So having a good mix of both in one pair of earbuds is a great deal.
How we test the best workout earbuds
We subjected the best workout earbuds nominees to our objective testing which includes isolation, battery life, and frequency response. You can read all about it here, but the truncated version is as follows.
- Each product was subjected to multiple sine sweeps through the headphones, and we recorded the frequency response once we were able to repeat a result that demonstrates the hallmarks of a good seal.
- For battery testing, we used a real-time analyzer to calibrate the necessary setting for a 75dB(SPL). We then played infinitely looped music until the battery ran out. This lets us compare each product’s readout to the others.
- With the isolation tests, we used pink noise at 90dB(SPL) and set the speaker one meter away from the headphones. We first recorded with the headphones off and then with the headphones on. From there, we just subtract one from the other to get the isolation.
Read more: How we score
What is the best way to wrap earbuds?
Our method outlined above will make your life so much easier when it comes to wrapping earbuds. One of our favorite tips from the guide is the over-under method. In a few short steps, you’ll easily be able to keep your earphones tangle-free. It’s got everything you need to solve any problem – just the trick!
How do you wrap your earbuds without damaging them?
When wrapping your headphones it is mainly down to your own personal preference, but in every method you need to remember to not put too much strain on the cable, wrapping it up too tightly. Although this will be much neater in its presentation, it could potentially damage the wires inside of the cable with them being pulled and stretched too much in a position that isn’t natural.Harry Singleton