Content of the material
Cold Feet in Bed Remedy # 1 Warm socks
Yes, sometimes I go to bed with socks on. Recently, I’ve been wearing socks in conjunction with using Herbalix detox deodorant on my feet, so I’ve been sticking to cotton, but wool and other natural fibers like alpaca or even silk are great for keeping in the heat.
Make sure your socks are loose enough to be comfortable. Don’t restrict blood flow, as decreased blood circulation cools you down.
Before bedtime, I sometimes layer socks and slippers, to make sure my toes are toasty *before* I jump into bed. It’s so much easier to keep your feet warm than to try and warm up feet that are already cold.
Benefits Of Using A Foot Warmer
- The most significant advantage of a foot warmer is that it gets rid of cold fit and the misery associated with it quickly.
- As it warms your feet, the heat from a foot warmer also eases any pain you may feel after a long day, caused by stiff and sore muscles.
- The health benefits of using foot warmers include relief from arthritic pain, Raynaud’s disease, and poor blood circulation.
- If your home has cold floors that make it uncomfortable to walk barefoot in the winter, or you work in an office with the AC set at an awkward temperature, a foot warmer can improve your daily life.
- Warm feet can help you sleep better. Get a foot warmer to help you doze off peacefully on cold nights.
Yes, foot warmers are exciting, and we are sure you can’t wait to bring one of these lovely devices home as a treat for your cold feet. But go through this buying guide before you hit that tempting “add to cart” button. Here are some features that you must consider when purchasing a foot warmer.
#3 Heated Mattress Pads and Blankets
My sis has a heated mattress pad that she swears by when winter hits. Before bedtime, she preheats the bed, then shuts it off and climbs into a warm and cozy nest.
This minimizes her electricity costs and her exposure to EMFs. My husband’s grandmother was a huge fan of electric blankets. She had more than enough for every bed in the house. Either option concentrates the heat where you need it – on you.
Team heating pads up with a programmable thermostat, and you can drop the temp 5 or more degrees at night and still wake up to a warm enough house to shower in the morning.
It takes a lot less energy to heat one or more beds than to heat an entire house.
Things You’ll Need
Using Socks, Leggings, or Sweater Sleeves
- 1 pair of long socks, leggings, or a sweater
- Fabric scissors
- Tape measure
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Elastic band (optional)
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Sakshi Bahal, loves researching and reviewing health gadgets. She vouches for the best foot warmers to keep your feet warm and snuggle through the winter months. These foot warmers are easy to carry, and you can keep them wherever you want to avoid chills from creeping to your feet. Not only are they super comfortable, but also you can choose any kind of design that suits you best!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are electric foot warmers safe?
Electric foot warmers are quite safe to use as long as you comply with the manufacturer’s guidelines and safety warnings. To avoid overheating, make sure the device is turned off in due time. You could also wear socks to prevent burns if the foot warmer gets too hot.
Do foot warmers help with foot pain?
If your foot pain is caused by muscle tension, such as soreness from standing on your feet all day, heat therapy from foot warmers can undoubtedly provide relief.
How do I clean a foot warmer?
Electric foot warmers usually have a plush fabric cover that is removable and machine-washable. Follow the washing instructions carefully, and your foot warmer can be as good as new once again.