Content of the material
Cookies on GOV.UK
We use some essential cookies to make this website work.
We’d like to set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services.
About This Article
Written by: Jennifer Mueller, JD Doctor of Law, Indiana University This article was written by Jennifer Mueller, JD. Jennifer Mueller is an in-house legal expert at wikiHow. Jennifer reviews, fact-checks, and evaluates wikiHow’s legal content to ensure thoroughness and accuracy. She received her JD from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2006. This article has been viewed 551,597 times. 262 votes – 32% Co-authors: 1 Updated: July 20, 2019 Views: 551,597 Categories: Driver’s Licenses
If you’re outside of B.C. and do not have your licence
Depending on your situation we may be able to help you if you call our driver licensing information line.
Apply by post
You can either send a request form or a letter with the following information to the DVLA:
- your full name and address
- your driver licence number (or your date of birth if you do not know your driver number)
Send your request to:
DACT Team, DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AJ
Related to Renew your drivers license
- Renew your commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Check the status of your driver's license or Massachusetts ID (Mass ID)
- Medical standards for passenger (Class D) and motorcycle (Class M) driver's licenses
- RMV Services at AAA
- Pay your traffic ticket