Content of the material
Trick 3. Turn on Loudness Equalization
- You can follow the same operation in Trick 2 to enter into Speakers Properties window.
- Click Enhancements tab, and check Loudness Equalization option.
- Click Apply and click OK to save the changes. You can freely to undo the changes if this method doesn’t work in fixing Windows 10 laptop sound very low issue.
Step 5: Try the Speakers on Another ComputerIf the volume levels are still too low, connect the speakers or monitor to another computer, such as a notebook PC to help you determine if the speakers are capable of producing enough volume.
If the volume from the speakers is too low when they are connected to another computer, service or replace the speakers. If the speakers produce enough volume when connected to another computer, reconnect the speakers to the computer. Continue to the next step to reset the computer sound configuration by reinstalling the sound driver.
Solution 4: Update Audio Drivers
When you upgrade the system from Windows 7 to Windows 10, most of the devices are working fine, but the sound is very quiet. So trying to update the audio driver can solve the problem.
Most of the users are using the Realtek HD Audio device. Of course, someone may use the IDT HD audio device, Conexant audio device, and VIA audio device. There are several ways you can use to update the drivers for the audio device.
1. You can enter the device manager to uninstall the audio devices from Sound, video and game controllers to Uninstall the audio driver need to restart the computer.
2. Download the latest version of audio drivers from the official site.
3. Follow steps to install the audio drivers. Then restart the computer.
If you have problems finding the audio drivers manually, you can use Driver Booster to help you update the audio driver.
Driver Booster, an automatic drivers downloading and updating tool, can help users get the latest graphics driver, audio driver, USB driver, mouse driver etc. with one click. And as the best driver scanner, it can detect the most outdated and missing drivers for your computer.
1. Download, install and run Driver Booster on Windows 11 or Windows 10.
2. Click Scan.
3. Click Update. Find the Video, sound and game controllers, and then select the audio device to Update it.
4. After that, reboot your computer to take effect.
Then you can test if the speaker or microphone sound is enlarged by playing a YouTube video or audio.
See if Other Devices Work Fine
We advise you to try using your speakers/headphones on a different device and see if the volume issue persists there. If this happens, then this is either a hardware limitation, or there is a problem with your audio hardware.
Alternatively, try using other speakers/headphones on your PC. If the issue persists, then you can be certain that the issue is a Windows setting.
Trick 6. Run Playing Audio Troubleshooter
You can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Troubleshoot. Find Playing Audio option in the right window and click it. Click Run the troubleshooter button and Windows will automatically check and fix problems related to audio playing in Windows 10.
- If you have a headphone jack (or similar) plugged into your computer’s audio out port, you’ll need to unplug it before you can use your computer’s speakers.
Thanks! Helpful Not Helpful 1
Step 2: Using the Correct Speaker TypeA major cause of low volume is using the wrong type of speaker. Good sound volume and quality requires powered speakers.
- Powered speakers. Powered speakers connect to a power outlet, connect to a USB port, or use batteries. Most monitor speakers are powered. If your PC speakers or speakers in your monitor have volume controls, they are powered.
Figure : Powered speakers and audio line-out connector from PC
- Passive speakers. Passive speakers do not connect to a power outlet or have batteries. Do not use passive speakers. These speakers must be connected to an amplified sound connector on the computer (usually an orange speaker-out connector).
Figure : Do not use passive speakers
Make sure you are using powered speakers, and continue to the next step.
Solution 6: Adjust Microphone Levels
If your microphone volume is too low, besides the above solutions, maybe you can try to adjust the microphone levels settings.
1. Right-click the sound icon and choose the Recording devices.
2. Find the microphone, right-click it to select Properties.
3. In levels tab, find the microphone option and adjust it minimum to 75. And change the Microphone Boost option minimum to +20.0dB.
Wish this article can help you solve the audio sound quiet problem easily and fast on Windows 10, and these solutions also applied to Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP.